So in just a couple hours it will be Thanksgiving, and I was spending quite a bit of my day today wondering all of what I'm thankful for. The list honestly goes on and on. But I realized just how important Thanksgiving is. I mean, think about it. Thanksgiving is a day set aside to focus on all the good things in your life.... and then you eat so much food you pass out... but thats besides the point ;)
Anyway, I wanted to set aside a blog post about all the things I'm thankful for.... OK not all of them, but a handful of the things that mean the most to me.
#1 My family. My family has helped me through a lot of stuff. Especially Bri, she is like a light in a dark room to me. She can always make me smile.
#2 Running water.... basically, my life would suck with out running water. Honestly, that shower I just got out of was AMAZING, and I would hate to think what I would have to do without running water in the winter!!! O.o
#3 Tom. This boy is the single most amazing guy I have ever met. He is strong and always tries to be better at everything. He never gives up, and he knows what he wants in life. He is hard working and never falters. I am also very thankful for his surgery that is FINALLY gonna happen. *sigh of relief*
#4 My bed. I'm pretty sure I can put "my bed" and "sleeping" into one.... but I love both of them so much! I actually took a 4 or 5 hour nap today.... (and that would be the reason I'm up at 1130 pm....)
#5 My school. As most of you know, my 2 high school years have been a little crazy! I started out at Wasilla High, quit after 6 weeks, and ended up being homeschooled for most of my freshman year. We then tried to get me into the Tech High School in Sutton. I got excepted a week into the school year. I have made so many amazing and dear friends at Tech. I'm so thankful that I am able to go to school with PEOPLE this year, and not a computer. -.-
#6 Seminary. Last year, seminary was the only thing I ever had to look forward to (that and my 10 am naps;) ) But this year, I actually have to try to enjoy it. LOL But I do get some seriously amazing spiritual enhancement from some pretty chill women. and I get to see Becca, and Caity, and Adam, and Magen, and Nathan, and Ally, and Jaycee, and Aubrey every morning :)
#7 Clothing, OK that one is a mix between being EXTREMELY thankful and REALLY hating them. Yes, I live in a really cold place, so clothing is good. But also yes, clothing makes me feel like I'm asphyxiating!! Honestly, If it was accepted by the society I live in, I would go without clothing.... but only if I lived somewhere WARM!
#8 My blog and my email. Without those two things, I would not have contact with some people I really cant live without. These are the moments when Facebook sounds like a really good idea.
#9 Babysitting jobs. OK I HATE, like, HATE with a burning passion, Babysitting jobs. but I'm also very very very thankful for them. If I didn't get the babysitting jobs that I do, I would have NO money saved up for my honeymoon to Ireland. (I'm so good at saving money that I have a whole $10 saved up! yeah, you heard me right, $10! be jealous!)
and
#10 I'm gonna have to go with food on this one. I don't eat much as it is, but when I do, man, I LOVE FOOD. except, I'm HORRIBLY allergic to ALL food..... Food makes me fat. :P lol
So there you go. A small handful of things I'm thankful for.
What are you thankful for?
<3Sam
No comments:
Post a Comment