Saturday, August 7, 2010

Movie Night w/ Jess

OK so my new friend Jess and I went into Anchorage today to go and see Charlie St. Cloud. UM, SAD MUCH?! There were a few moments where I was like, " I would be laying on the ground crying right now if that really happened to me!" But I really enjoyed the movie,  I cried half of it, but still liked it. It was a total chick flick, but way worth it!I just don't know if I would buy it.

So before the movie started we went to Khols or how ever you spell it, and we looked through the clothes. At first Jess and I were really serious about looking at the clothes, but than we got distracted by the fact that there were some pretty epic things in that store. I had Jess hold up some pretty odd clothes to pose for pictures so here they are.


That is Jessy with little leggings with frill on the bottom. She thought they looked "yummy" LOL!


We were trying to pick out the best outfit for the first day of High School. We came up with this massive green shirt, the leggings, and a flowery mini skirt! How fun!


That is a dress not a shirt. And it had flowers on the left hand side. Jess said that the dress completed her life.


We put on head bands and glasses and took pictures. I have a really long face next to Jess! Wow. And if Jess heard me say that she would tell me that I am just in denial. About what? I don't really know!


We saw the white sun glasses and just had to put them on. She also put on some scarves with the glasses.


That was a bracelet in the Brittany Spears section . . .


(sorry its a bad pic jess) You can't really tell, but Jess was putting on a jean shirt. We didn't have time to find a bigger one. But it was a pretty funny looking shirt.


We went over to the guys section and saw this shirt. It is an XXL and looks like a dress on Jessy. LOL

Ok now for the movie. It started out sad, the middle was sad, and the end was sad. Charlie St. Cloud can see dead people and dead people and/or, almost dead people, come to him. The only DEAD people he sees are his little brother who died in a car crash, (and Charlie was driving) and his old best friend that when to military school and eventually war.
It was really sad watching Charlie screaming in the paramedic van, "I'm sorry Sam! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" on the night of the crash. Charlie ended up dying too, but was brought back to life. He meets this girl that went to sail around the world, but she died while out at sea and came to Charlie to get help to bring her back to life. I left out a lot of the plot so you all should go see the movie. I cried and I'm sure Jessy cried even if she won't admit it.
It is PG-13 and I really recommend not letting anybody under 13 go see this movie. It is really sad and a heart-tugger. But bring some tissue and it is totally worth it. There are some really happy parts that get you laughing, than there are parts that are joyful tears. Like the end. But I liked it and TOTALLY
recommend it if your not a sissy like me.
Some people probably won't cry though.

OK now for something really funny. OK?
Jess and I are sitting there watching the previews. We both hear really soft music at the same time. So we lean forward and look at the lady in front of us. She is reading a book so we figured that she was listening to music, reading a book, and watching a movie all at the same time. Than the movie starts, I put my bag on my lap, and the lady puts her book away. But the music is still playing. Than we could hear a commercial on the music and realized that somebody was listening to the RADIO during a movie. About halfway through the movie the music was still going. Jess and I were getting pretty annoyed now cuz it was taking away the effect of the movie. I was about to lean forward and ask the lady if she would please turn her music off. I leaned forward and as I did the music got quieter. "that's weird," I thought. I leaned back and the music got louder. Than I remembered that I had a portable CD player in my bag, which was on my lap. I must have accidentally turned it on. So I leaned over to Jess and whispered, "Funny thing, its my music." We both got a little giggle out of that.

So all in all I had a huge blast tonight!
~ Sam

PS One of my favorite books is getting turned into a movie. Its called Flipped and it is such a cute book and I'm sure it will be a really cute movie!

No comments: